POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Memory leak with sample scene in beta 11 : Re: Memory leak with sample scene in beta 11 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:28:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memory leak with sample scene in beta 11
From: bob h
Date: 14 Feb 2002 18:30:44
Message: <3c6c48a4@news.povray.org>
"Michael Goldshteyn" <mik### [at] wwacom> wrote in message
> As a follow up, I believe that the memory leak could be related to the
> radiosity settings.

Having tried your example out to 25% of a render I can say that I did see a
page file growing as it progressed.  Beyond that I have no idea what would
cause it to increase over time because I never checked before during a
render, only the stats afterward or between animation frames.

Since you suspect it to be radiosity causing it I guess you meant there
might be a final stage while the rendering proceeds and yet isn't making
more sampling passes.  I don't want to conjecture anything though without
knowing if there is continued radiosity sampling during the final phase of
render.

Yeah... I'm just here for moral support.

bob h